Go to the doctor? Many men do extremely reluctantly, especially when nothing pinches or hurts. While Preventive care and regular Checks are especially important for you. Urologist Christoph Pies, explains what studies are in which age compulsory and which doctor is when is the right contact person.
"A man comes to the doctor … What sounds like the beginning of a typical doctor’s joke, is deadly Serious, or, at best, a joke, a Laughing bleibt", Christoph Pies says. "Because men don’t go to the doctor."
Pies is a urologist and treated for 15 years, men of all ages in his practice. What most of them have in common: the fear of visiting the doctor.
"If something is broken, I’ll merken" it already;
The result of this Anti-doctor attitude describes the specialist for men medicine, in his just-published book "Men-TÜV": "Men have less Health and are less likely to have screening than women. Men are more likely to have chronic diseases and maintain a different way of dealing with it. In total, around seven years shorter life expectancy results from the fact than in women."
Most of the Motto "If something is broken, I’ll merken" it already; before. However, in many diseases the chances of recovery is then passed already valuable time, and worse. Much better, therefore regular Check-ups. What you should have at what age on the screen and which specialist is when is the right point of contact, the urologist, Christoph Pies explained in the Following:
Up to 14 years of age:
• Pediatrician: U – and J-tests; Standard and booster vaccinations
9 to 35 years:
• Urologist or pediatrician: HPV vaccination for boys between 9 and 17 years of age, Test for sexually transmitted diseases (in the case of risky sexual behavior)
• Self-test: testicular cancer (monthly testicular self-palpation)
• Family physician: certificate of vaccination to take and vaccination status check
18 to 35 years:
• House doctor: a Single claim on a Check-up
Christoph Pies, studied medicine in Bochum and Düsseldorf, before he took in a Cologne clinic for his appointment to the urologist. After his specialist training and senior physician he was, in 2004, established urologist. FOCUS Online is publishing an excerpt from his book, “men-TÜV”.
• Family physician: every three years health Check-up 35 (cardiovascular, Diabetes and kidney, urine control, and advanced blood analysis with lipid values), vaccination status check
• Dermatologist: every two years, skin cancer early detection
45 Years Ago:
• Urologist: every year prostate cancer-early detection (familial 40 years), external sex organs and lymph nodes
• House doctor: vaccination status check
Reports, Videos, backgrounds: From Monday to Friday, provided you FOCUS Online with the most important messages from the health Department. Here you can subscribe to the Newsletter easily and free of charge.
50 Years Ago:
• House doctor: consulting the doctor about the contents of the bowel cancer screening programme, either a yearly Test for hidden blood in the stool or
• Gastroenterologist: two colonoscopies at intervals of ten years
Over 55 Years Of Age:
• House doctor: every two years, Test for occult blood in the stool, vaccination status check
From The Age Of 60:
• House doctor: Influenza and pneumococcal vaccination
Aged 65 Years And Over:
• Unique ultrasound examination for the early detection of an enlargement of the abdominal aorta
Book tip: “men’s MOT” by Christoph Pies
Herbig-Verlag, 256 pages, September, 2019 appeared
Also exciting: the aging process brakes – vascular Professor explains how he keeps his body young
FOCUS Online Also exciting: the aging process brakes – vascular Professor explains how he, his body, keeps you young