How do I tell my parents I want to change doctors from a woman to a man? I have been going to the same woman doctor as my sister for about 6 years. She makes me uncomfortable and I want a man doctor.

It is perfectly normal for you to want to switch to a male doctor as you become a teenager.  You can tell your parents that as you are getting older, you would feel more comfortable with a male doctor.  You could also tell your female doctor that you would feel more comfortable as a teenager if you saw a male doctor, and ask for her help in talking with your parents. Chances are great that she would understand and would be able to help you.

Source: Read Full Article