- Discussing how life is about control—working out what we want to have more control of, and what we can have less control of.
- What Blocks Our Control? Even worry, rumination and self-criticism are a problem only to the extent they get in the way of important life goals.
- Feeling in Control Short-Term versus Getting Control of Your Life. Goals are organized hierarchically
- Taking Control of the Things Around You. A flexible way to work out what we have in common with people despite our disagreements
- Building on Strengths, Qualities, and Resources. Encourage participants to recall the strengths, qualities and resources they have, especially at times when things are difficult for them
- Moving Forward: What Gets Me Stuck? What Helps? Participants complete a worksheet on the things that are helping them feel in control and signs that they are struggling, like a “relapse prevention” session in traditional CBT
Source: Read Full Article